In his 80 years, Paulus counts many influences and close friends. Most notably amongst them:
- Merce Cunningham: dancer, collaborator and leader of the Merce Cunnningham Dance Company.
- MC Richards: potter, poet and author of the seminal text Centering in Pottery, Poetry and the Person.
- Martha Graham, pioneering dancer and choreographer.
- June Ekman, distinguished dancer, choreographer and teacher of the Alexander Technique.
- The late Remy Charlip, fellow dancer and children’s book author.
- Debra Frasier, author and illustrator.
In his local community in Penland, North Carolina, Paulus is blessed with the friendship and support of countless friends, families and insitutions. Including Geraldine Plato, John Clark, Jon Ellenbogen and Rebecca Plummer of Barking Spider Pottery, everyone at Penland School of Crafts, and — of course — his 38 Fairy Godchildren all over the world.
Before watching Souls' Kitchen
Enter your email address below and join The Spring From The Hand mailing list to recieve updates on the film's release, blog posts and more.
We don't share your details or email spam, ever.
I'm already on the list, take me to Soul's Kitchen